Monday, April 16, 2018

New Twist...

Y'all, April is FLYING!!!!! I can't even believe it is halfway to May and that I am on my way to having the cutest 2 year old running around the house.  We are reaching the time of year where my toe nails always need to be ready and the armpits need to be shaved!! My husband will never know the extra work that summer time brings.
April has started to challenge my strength.  So many good sales, so many new trends that I don't have in my closet.  Also, in our family life a new clothing challenge is...I am pregnant with Baby C #2 and dressing an early 2nd trimester body is stressing me.  Call me vain, but if I am being honest with you I feel better when I LOVE my outfit.  I can have a blah day, but if I am loving my threads I am ok-ish.  My belly is growing, and y'all better believe that I LOVE DRESSING a belly.  My belly is still just too new.  It is growing, but it is still a little too jello-esque for my liking.  I had to put away my normal jeans and am wearing my post partum jeans from RLC, but lets be honest those don't fit. Maternity jeans are still really baggy in the crotch and the full panel area.  So needless to say, dresses have been my friend.  Dresses are always my friend though.  If you aren't a dress person, I challenge you to try a t-shirt dress or a cotton/jersey shift dress. So comfortable, So versatile, and honestly nice and breezy in the summer time. I bought 2 new to me Carly style dresses off of our yardsale site. I was tickled to reply "bought" first on the post.  Carly dresses fly off the virtual shelves on my B/S/T page.  I also did buy a maternity lot that came with 2 pairs of shorts and a few random things. I really just needed the shorts, because I didn't have any with Ruby Lou.  She is an early May baby, so shorts weren't a NEED.  Well being due late September means I will be PREGNANT this summer.  Mama is going to need some shorts.  So I bought a couple used and then a sweet friend is letting me borrow a few things.  Shorts are always a tough one for me. While I appreciate the body God blessed me with, I am not lacking in the thigh area.  My thighs pack a punch and I wish jean shorts were made with bigger leg holes.  I am not trying to have the denim be tight on my thighs, not today not ever.  I need to pull out of spring/summer and maternity totes from the garage, but honestly who has the time.  RLCs naps have been filled with my napping or snacking.  I am sort of holding strong, I feel like I have been looking a lot on our B/S/T page and I probably don't need anything, but I justify my looking and buying that I am still helping with eliminating textile and fabric waste, RIGHT? 





The self timer cut off my shoes and my vans were a completing piece for the long maxi skirt outfit. 
 


This was a rough day to get ready for church.  It was raining and nothing fit.  My husband tried to "help" me find an outfit, but all that happened was I got cranky and thought I didn't need a rain jacket.  Hormones are crazy. 


No comments: