Wednesday, January 31, 2018

8.3% Done

January is over which means we are 1/12 done.  I am not going to lie, the weather is making me want to shop.  My outfits feel blah.  I am over wearing jeans and pants.  I love when dresses and skirts are more of a practical option.  Because I am wearing jeans so frequently, I want fun tops or statement pants and obviously I didn't buy anything.  I just feel less dynamic than usual, but I also am over the month of January.  It felt way longer than 31 days. 
Gift Cards- So I have a question for anyone taking the time to read this.  I can't make up my mind about gift cards.  My sister says that if we are gifted a gift card, it is the same as a gift and we can use it.  But who is to say we aren't just buying to buy.  I feel like if you have a need you should be able to buy something.  I know I will need new white tanks this summer, so if I use a gift card for that I can totally justify it.  Erin votes use it for whatever you want, because it is no different than if someone gifted me a new fun shirt I didn't need.  What do y'all think? Help us settle this age old debate...ok a few week old debate!!!
Makeup- I am going to be completely honest with you and let you know that I had a hard time the last couple days with buying no new lipstick.  As y'all can tell by the photographic evidence, I love a bold lip.  I like color and I LOVE matte lipstick.  The current favorite brand is really killing me.  They were having a 20% off sale and they just have such a variety of colors.  The hard part is when I think I need something.  I was sitting stalking their website and insta and thinking about all the colors I need.  I need a pinky nude and a true pink and like a purple and a maroon.  It is quite the rabbit hole. I talked to my sister about it and we talked about the amount of lipstick I have and how contentment is important.  Would I love more lipstick? YES! Do I NEED more lipstick? YES!!  Ok, the need is not there.  I said no and am just lusting over new lips, but also trying to utilize what I have.  On the using up what I have, I have been diligent about using shadows and random stuff up.  I love new makeup, I feel like it is really going to make me look like a movie star.  I am such a sucker for tutorials and advertisements because I really wonder if I will look that awesome and my skin that clear!! Will that new mascara make my eyelashes that long? Won't know until I try. In all honesty I am working really hard to talk myself out of new makeup and I am winning.  I need new liquid eyeliner, but that is a true need because I don't leave the house without my cat eye. 
I do feel really good about not buying, not that it is anything remarkable, but it does feel good to have accomplished a goal for month.  Almost to a year.   I will be happy when I can pull my spring/summer wardrobe out of totes and feel like I went shopping in my garage.

Erin told me it is time to get rid of this sweater, she said it has lived its life.  I agree, but I also love it, so I am letting it warm my body in 2018!!! 






This one I didn't crop so much. because peep my baby                        and dog in the door 💜

 I am not loving my gold                                                          moccasins with my vest and flannel, but man I am loving my DIFFeyewear sunnies!!!

No comments: