Monday, January 1, 2018

WELCOME BACK!  If you have hung around for a while, you know what we are here for…for you newbies, let me explain!  A CLOSET 365 challenge is a commitment to spend the year using the pieces in your current closet to clothe yourself for a year!  In an effort to not buy, save money and hopefully purge some things you realize you don’t love!  You might even see us in the purging process! 

We are a funny bunch of wives, mothers, entrepenuers, milspouses, and shoppers.  Erin and Julia are sisters.  Julia and Jayshree are good good friends from being stationed in Virginia. We each have our own personal rules and parameters for our CHALLENGE year.  We all have different reasons for committing to this challenge for 2018 and I can’t wait to see all the outfits we create this year. I hope you enjoy watching us grow and save and find treasures. 

JULIA

Well HELLO! Let me start by introducing myself, I am Julia, a Jesus loving, almost 30 year old wife and mama. I am day 1 of 365 for a strictly second hand buying year.  My goal is to steadily wear the beautiful clothing I already have and find interesting new ways to wear some classic pieces in my closet.  I love the idea of giving a home to other people’s “no thanks” and rocking the silly out of some Goodwill finds.   I am allowing myself to buy from online yard sale pages, secondhand stores, and hand-me-downs.  I am currently living in fear of finding the perfect gray bridesmaid dress for my college best friend’s wedding in June.  I love my baby, my dude, my sunglasses, The Office, and a challenge. 

ERIN
Hey y’all!  I’m Erin, the big sister!  I’m a wife to a soldier and mama to 2 babies…most days you will find me running preschool drop off, working from home and looking for my next caffeine fix!  This will be my second CHALLENGE year!  In 2016, I successfully finished a year of buying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for myself!  This year my rules are a touch different…since I am a Matilda Jane Trunk Keeper, I am allowing myself to purchase ONE new Matilda Jane piece a month.  This will ensure a purchase with INTENTION that I LOVE and also serves to promote my business!  But, as far as everything else…NOTHING for me…no new makeup (other than essential MASCARA), no accessories…I can’t wait to spend the year with you finding the JOY in the pieces I already own!

JAYSHREE

Hi there! I’m Jayshree, 30 year old wife and mama. I have two beautiful kids, Kaden who is almost 5 and Amelia who sadly passed away from cancer this past summer at 10 months old. I am either finding new adventures for Kaden and I to do, learning new recipes, at the barre studio or doing fundraising for our girl.  I love finding new treasures that other people have looked beyond- and I absolutely love finding a great deal. This year I am going for only second hand items which will allow me to treasure hunt beyond my love of thredUP.com. I admit, I have entirely too many things and I need to challenge myself to really enjoy the things that I already have! I’m sure my husband will appreciate this challenge more than anyone and I can’t wait to treasure hunt with you all! 

No comments: