Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Honestly.

Getting really good at blogging regularly, that is sarcasm in case you couldn't pick up on it. 

I am about to get deep y'all! I think I realized in my current wanting period of all things new, how much I rely on what new I am getting to feel good about myself.  It isn't always a bad thing, I love that I take joy in a new pair of boots or sunnies.  I love that I have narrowed down the silly things that are important to me, but where does that leave me when I can't buy? I am a tired and hormonal pregnant woman.  I feel less like myself that usual.  I am relying on my upcoming birthday to fill a void in my life.  I know what I have in my closet is just as capable of giving me a great outfit as something new.  I know the Sorel booties I am literally dying to get for my birthday will yes elevate an outfit, but my style doesn't depend on them.  I love styling myself and my daughter and will enjoy styling this new baby.  I guess I just want anyone who feels the same way about new things is that it is ok to want, but how awesome you look and feel isn't determined by "new". 

It is funny though, because 9 months in I just have stopped thinking I can buy for myself.  I did cheat a couple weeks ago and buy a new pair of DIFF sunnies when they were on sale.  I felt badly about it for about a minute, but then got over it.  Blame the hormones.  I did finally use a gift card from my birthday last year to buy a new kimono, which felt like a need because I had legitimately worn my others no less than 2947 times this pregnancy.  For anyone looking for a few transitional pieces for pregnancy and beyond, a kimono is where it is at.  That or a duster cardigan if you are pregnant in the cooler months. 

Here I am, 36.5 weeks pregnant and just over taking daily pictures.  It is still 9000 degrees outside and I just don't want to stay in normal clothes for very long.  I am interested to see how I feel post baby.  I will be jazzed to zip up a pair of jeans, but also might not put a high value on "out of the house" clothing then either.  I am very excited to have this sweet baby and honestly LOVE being pregnant. I am ready for my thighs to stop rubbing together so much, though.  Here are bump pictures/OOTD pictures. 





My name is Julia and I repeat kimonos!!!


Maternity pictures.  The wind was blowing just right!!!

 This striped dress with red vans is seriously a favorite outfit of mine.  I feel like a cool mom. 

No comments: