Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Ease of January

In some ways I am itching to buy, but in other ways I have done this before.  My mom and Erin and I have done no-buy-January before.  It can be a tough month, the sales are good, you can see spring on the horizon, but then at the same time might want a few new cozy pieces to add to your winter wardrobe.  I think I might need to unsubscribe from a few emails because it is rather tempting. 
I feel like it is really setting in that I am not buying anything new this year.  I love nail polish and I paint my nails everyday.  I have enough polish to last me years, so I have decided no new polish.  Well that is a bummer, but it is about loving the colors I have. RIGHT? Also, no new accessories, headbands, fun makeup, purses, really anything.  WOOF! 
The weather in NC has been wild to say the least.  Snow, rain, 30 degree temps, 70 degree temps.  My outfits have been very varied.  I did buy a new-to-me pair of jeans this week.  I knew I needed a new pair of dark jeans to replace some AE jeggings that were my staple for a while.  My neighborhood page is always good for new pieces, but can be pretty sporadic.  I was lucky enough to catch a pair of Lucky Brooke jeans in my size and desired color for $15.  The former owner hadn't worn them much, which means I got a practically new pair of jeans for a fraction of the price.  Lucky Brooke Jeggings were my favorite post-partum jean and I was tickled to find them in my current size.  The only downside was, Jacob gave me attitude telling me I only made it a couple of weeks without buying.  I told him he didn't quite understand my challenge and was sassing me when I just wanted a little support.  After a quick "discussion" in the Starbucks drive-thru he understood my vision.  I also got a bag full of hand-me-down goodies (Thanks Kimberly), I was able to find 2 new flannels, 1 cardi, 1 crewneck, and 1 AWESOME sweatshirt material jacket.  Don't worry I wore it a few days after it was in my possession.
I am enjoying all of the questions and interest in this project.  It is making me feel more comfortable expressing my thoughts and letting people know my heart for contentment this year.  I am loving making Jacob take pictures of me everyday, it is our lunch time routine when he is home for a quick bite. He takes it seriously and we are learning together about which angle I like best for myself.  We have learned that lighting in the house is no good.  Y'all will probably see a lot of outdoor pictures. 
As you can tell, I love a good knot in my button downs and T's.  I think it adds a bit of dimension and can make a look a little dynamic. TRY IT!!! And a FRONT TUCK.  If you feel like a sweater or shirt is just blah.  Messy tuck the front in and you might feel a little more put together, aka a J.Crew model. 
 



 

No comments: