Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Binge Before...

Julia here...
As I began to see the days count down and the New Year drew closer, I was getting a little nervous.  Nervous about my staple items.  I would say it is key to know your personal style and to be aware of the items you can't live without.  My can't live with out, and ride or die shoes, are black low top chuck taylors.  I have owned no less than 10 pairs in my young to adult life.  I wear them at least once a week and they get torn up.  As I was packing for my trip to see Erin&co. I realized my chucks were busted.  I knew I couldn't depend on a used pair to fit my needs.  I bought a new pair with a little Christmas money I had lying around before the clock struck midnight.
https://www.zappos.com/p/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-core-ox-black/product/108000/color/3?ef_id=V4gPvAAAAUseP3JI:20180108011654:s

If I am totally honest, I assessed my wardrobe and knew I was in need of a few things.  I had to throw away 3 pairs of black sandals this summer.  They had been worn and loved and lived a great life, but they were done.  I ordered a new pair of my favorite black Steve Madden sandals.  It was a silly purchase to buy in December, but it had to be done and I needed to put my mind at ease for the impending spring and summer months in North Carolina. 
https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Madden-Womens-Donddi-Leather/dp/B00OSRS7II/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1514685499&sr=1-2&nodeID=679425011&psd=1&keywords=steve%2Bmadden%2Bsandals&th=1&psc=1

I thought I was done, I thought I wasn't going to get anything else before the clock struck midnight and it was 2018.  I was wrong, I was sitting in my sister's car getting harassed by my husband and brother-in-law as we were driving out for NYE dinner and drinks, for binging on amazon before my year long challenge started.  I bought a new pair of workout shoes, in my defense my old shoes are 2 years old and have walked many a miles in California, Virginia, and North Carolina.  I was due.

I feel prepared for this year.  I am excited to have my first mission.  Finding a new pair of dark skinny jeans, I am looking for a pair of levis, gap, or obviously fingers crossed I hit the jackpot and find a pair of joe's.

This week has been pretty easy, I am clothes rich just coming off Christmas.  My mom is the best gift giver and seriously can find anything on clearance.  She loves a tunic, which means I am stocked on tunics.  I think she is going to have the hardest time with me not shopping much.  In true mom fashion she wants me to be happy, so I have a feeling I will be getting random "just thinking of you" packages with a new top.  As far as my current stylings, I feel blah.  It has been chilly and I have been lazy.  Sweaters, cardigans, and flannels have been a staple outfit.

I am learning to be comfortable by myself in photos and my husband is learning about my good angles.  I am looking forward to seeing the improvement by both of us when it comes to pictures as the year moves along.  As you can tell from the pictures, my Sperry Duck Boots are ideal for the wet weather of Seattle and the Snowy weather of North Carolina.  I also let my beloved UGGS comes out to the play.  UGGS might be your personal least favorite boot, but man I love a warm snuggly foot in UGG. 






No comments: