Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cold Days Ahead!

Vest: Talbot's (red)
Top: Old Navy
Jeans: Lucky Brand
Boots: Urban Outfitters (black)

The temps here are in the negatives and my kids have been home from school for two days now.  It is COLD outside people!  Arianna has also come down with a respiratory and ear infection on top of it all.  Needless to say, we haven't left the house for a few days now.  

Last week I did leave my house for a few hours and this is what I wore.


It's dark, but you get the idea.  I love this red quilted vest that my sweet husband bought me for Christmas.  I wear it all the time and it keeps me super warm.  The boots are great to wear while trudging through snow.  They aren't real leather so I don't have to worry about the salt (used to melt the snow for you Southerners) ruining the leather.  

I would like to add that I now believe every woman should have a red quilted vest in her wardrobe.  Not only are they warm, but they are stylish too.  Red adds a fun pop of color and can be worn with a wide variety of other colors and patterns.  I would wear this vest with leopard print, black and white strips, polka dots, plaid, etc.  Versatile clothing is always best!  Plus, red is such a fun color!  Much better than a boring old black vest:)

If you had (of if you have) a red vest, how do you wear it?  Share your ideas here of on the FB page.

Happy Shopping,
Christin


No comments: