Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 3: Sentimental Sunday

So, I knew I was in to learn something this year, but I never expected to learn something on day 3.  But, it happened!  Needless to say, I never realized how much I could tell someone about the pieces in my closet.  And, not just the brand, size, price, etc.  But, I can tell you about the times I've worn it and the life it's seen.  Some people have memories when they smell certain scents or hear a specific tune, maybe some of my memories are tied up in the clothes I've worn.

Even more than just this outfit, these rocks remind
me of the wild child son that plays in the rocks
every time we walk out to the car!
This dress for example, was the dress I wore on the first New Year's Eve Adam and I spent together.  While there might have been a lot more bling, much higher heel and a great deal more exposed skin.  It was the first thing I thought of when I pulled this classic black dress out of my closet this morning!


And, then, there is the scarf...my first day of Kindergarten.  Well, sort of, the first day that I taught in my very own Kindergarten class.  I knew I had to add something to this outfit, especially when Adam asked if I would be attending a funeral today, so my go to was a scarf.  When I ran my fingers over my choices for scarves this morning, I was drawn to the silver strands and bright colors in this scarf.  As I looped and tied it on, I remembered the very first day that parents trusted me with their children's little minds to mold them and teach them!

So, it might seem like such a simple black dress and a throw on scarf, but when I tell the story, it's such a sentimental outfit!

Mine has a much better low back, but this was the closest I could find
Obviously, my exact one can't be found, but there are some very cute ones here!

The baubles:
Mine was another fabulous T.J. Max find---I promise not all of my watches are from T.J. Max
I have no idea where mine came from, but I love this one from ETSY
Again, mine is from this super cute street fair in Arizona...
you picked the color leather you wanted and they fit it 
to your wrist right there!!  But, I loved this one on ETSY

Do you have something special in your closet that holds special memories?  I'd love to hear about it!

**ErinRuby**


No comments: