Friday, January 1, 2016

So...I'm new here!

Hi, I'm Erin!  My sweet friend Christin, inspired this year's personal challenge!  I've watched her mix, match and utilize the closet she has to create a daily wardrobe that fit her busy life as a Mama!  I decided it was time for me to try my hand at just that in 2016!

My why's
*Shopping can easily become my crutch on a bad day or my reward on a great day...this year, I'm hoping to lean on God a little more in those moments, good and bad!!
*Get back to me---like all Mama's I've had an ebb and flow of weight and wardrobe with the 2 beautiful babies that have joined our families in the last 3.5 years, so I know there is stuff in this closet that doesn't need to be!  Likewise, I know there are a few pieces that I've been dying to get back into, so this'll be my motivation!!
*Purge---Like Christin, I'm a military spouse and I know a PCS (military code for MOVE) is coming down the pipe for us, thus, a little purge will do me good and keep our family under weight!!
*Challenge---In junior high and high school, I'd make it my goal to not wear the same thing to school for the entire yearπŸ™ˆ I achieved this most times, now that I'm older, I have a quality over quantity policy, but the challenge aspect is still a motivator for me😜

I was just reading Christin's first post before she started her first challenge, I'm experiencing much of the same reaction!  The only people I've told so far are my husband (who laughed), my sisters (one who died laughing and the other had one word, "Why?!?") and my Ma (the ever supportive one:))!  It will be hard and I don't expect it to be fun...there will be days when shopping would have made me feel better and would have been super fun, but I'm sure I'll fill that time and void just fine!

Basically the rule is:
*No new clothes, jewelry, accessories or shoes will be purchased out of our family income/budget and added to my wardrobe in the year 2016!

Christin suggested some exceptions so these are mine, hopefully they cover everything I need them too!
**Gifts---if someone purchases me a gift, it can be added to the closet...my brother in law kindly reminded me it's not fair to ask for said gifts at times that don't normally warrant gifts (party pooper:))...
**Donations---if someone has an item that they no longer want, need or use, it can be added to my closet
**Consignment---I've been losing weight for the last few months and don't anticipate that coming to an end, so if I sell/consign something because it doesn't fit, I can use that money towards something similar in an appropriate size--/this clause is primarily regarding jeans/pants

So, to you...Happy Shopping!  Or, maybe no shopping...maybe I'll be your inspiration this year to dig a little deeper in that closet!

**ErinRuby**

No comments: