Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's getting Close!

My no shopping challenge will officially start on May 6th.  I have a weekend shopping trip coming up and I am preparing my shopping list as I speak, type, whatever.

I am so excited to see what happens during in my 365 days of no shopping!  So far, when I tell people I will not be shopping for a year, I get a lot of smirks.  Anyone who knows me knows I love to shop.  I love to shop a little too much.  That is why I am doing this.  I need to refocus my priorities.

With that being said there are some exceptions to the rule.  If I really truly need something, I am allowed to buy it, but it must be thrift.  If I go visit my super awesome friend Zanne, who happens to live in the garment district in downtown L.A., I am allowed to shop, but on a very, very tight budget.  I am not about to pass up a once in a lifetime shopping Mecca opportunity like that:)!!!

This weekend I will be cleaning out and organizing my closet.  One of the rules of the challenge it that I have to wear everything in my closet at least once.  I'm going to start by getting rid of anything that doesn't fit.  Instead of getting down on myself, I'm going to tell myself the following if I happen to come across something that is too small:




Happy shopping,
Christin

No comments: