Monday, April 8, 2013

My Closet Style 365 Kick-off Coming Soon!!!

I am beyond excited to kick-off this blog!  I have one last shopping trip the first weekend of May.  I am hoping to pick up a couple of essential pieces that I have needed like a crisp white button up shirt.  I can't believe I don't already have one!  Anyways, the blog will kick-off after I return from my weekend shopping adventure.

I hope I inspire all of you to re-think the clothes in your closet that you already have.  Think of them in a different way.  Try things you wouldn't normally try.  There aren't many rules in fashion and once you find your style, well then, the sky is the limit.  Who says polka dots and animal print can't work together?  Not me!

The rules for my 365 day no shopping challenge are as follows:

  1. Put together a new outfit using clothes already in my closet everyday for 1 year.
  2. If I have to buy something it must come from a thrift store or discount store.
  3. Share styling and shopping tips weekly.
  4. Share my no-shopping struggles and how I am coping with the challenge as need be. 
God has laid it on my heart that I am addicted to shopping.  That is the primary reason why I am doing this.  I want to be obedient to God and draw closer to Him.  I am excited about this challenge I have given myself.  I hope you will be supportive and have fun following me during my journey of obedience and growth.  I also hope I encourage you and help you all become a little more fashionable (and perhaps save some money from shopping too much)!

Christin James

No comments: