Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 227: Christmas Eve Outfit

Top: Old Navy (green)
Skirt: Laura Ashley (black lace)
Boots: Antonio Melani


Let me just start off by saying that I have had this skirt for about 7 years and this sweater for 10.  Let me also say, that I have not been able to wear this sweater for a very long time because I wasn't able to fit into it.  Yay me!  I've lost about 10 pounds in the last month by cutting out gluten, soy, corn, peanuts, sugar, eggs and partially cutting out dairy.  It's called The Virgin Diet and I could start a whole new blog about it.  Anyways, I hope that I'll now be able to wear some of the items I have had hanging in closet purgatory:)

Back to the outfit.



Here is a better picture of the skirt and sweater.



It is a beautiful skirt that I bought when a department store was going out of business (same store I bought my Marc Jacobs shoes from).  I'm sure I didn't pay more than $10 for it.  It is a longer skirt, hitting the top of my calf.  I haven't worn it much, but now that I can fit into this sweater once again, I think I'll be wearing the combo a lot more!  

Hopefully, within the next couple of months I'll be able to shed another 10-20 pounds.  I am hoping  that I'll not have to go buy another wardrobe, but if I do I'll be shopping at thrift and resale shops.  I'll keep you all informed as to how my progress is going.  Of course, you can all see the changes in my pictures:)

Happy  Shopping,
Christin


No comments: