Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 231: 10 Points for Gryffindor!!!

Cardi: Merona, Purchased with Christmas gift card from Target, (burgundy w/gold chain detail)
Skirt: J. Crew, Purchased at Goodwill
Shoes: Purchased at DSW (to replace a pair I broke a few months ago)
Shirt: Old Navy (black)

I just didn't see it when I bought this cardi.  How could I not have seen it???  I have seen all the Harry Potter movies and consider myself a huge Potter fan.  Well, I see it now!  As soon as I put this ensemble together yesterday, I realized I looked like I was rooting for team Gryffindor.  

I guess there are worse things I could've been dressed like.


Remember this skirt???  If not, click here.  This skirt has been my best Goodwill find so far.  It had never been worn and I think I spent only $4.99 on it.  You try to find a brand new J. Crew skirt for that amount.  

TIP:  When you are shopping at thrift stores or resale shops, make sure you look for items that are a good name brand and/or good quality.  Try to purchase items that are classics and will go with many different items you already have in your closet.  What is the point of buying a cheap top if you have nothing to wear it with?  Don't buy just to buy!  Have a plan and an outfit(s) in mind.

Anyways, I thought this skirt would look great with this cardi.  Of course, once I put it all together I realized I look like a fictional book character.  

Oh well, I rocked it and that is all that matters.  If you feel self conscious in your clothing, other people will pick up on that.  Rock what you wear and wear it with confidence.  Stand up straight, walk with pride.  If you do that, your clothing will always look better on you!  Unless you're wearing pajamas to Walmart...that NEVER looks good on ANYONE!

So, how do you suggest I wear this cardi?  Color combos, style?  Let me know.  I don't want to look like I prepping for a quidditch match every time I wear this cardigan:)

Happy Shopping,
Christin


No comments: