Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 232: I Wear Your Grandma's Clothes

Sweater: Purchased from a thrift store (ivory and cream)
Jeans: Loft
Booties: Purchased from Target (taupe)

I have a love of big baggy vintage-y sweaters!  If it comes with shoulder pads then that's even better!  The last time I needed to buy sweaters, I just visited my local thrift store and let me tell you, I was not disappointed!!!



My super cheesy husband was acting like he was a professional photography while taking my picture today.  That's why I look super cheesy:)

This sweater is great because a. it is super soft and warm despite it being short sleeved, b. it is a print and c. it is baggy!

TIPS!!!

If you are ever looking for oversized sweaters (like the kind that are very popular right now and costs A LOT of money in the boutiques and department stores) just visit your local thrift store and see what they have to offer.  Right now they have all the cold weather clothing out so you are sure to find something.

Don't look at the size on the tag.  Sizes change over the years and a medium from the 80's or 90's probably won't fit you the same as a medium from 2014.  

If you find a sweater that you love, but it has shoulder pads all you have to do is cut them out.   Genius right?!:)

If you find a stain on an item you really like, get it anyway.  Try to treat and wash the stain out at home.  Chances are you only spent a couple of dollars on the item so if the stain doesn't come out just toss it or try to repurpose the item.

I hope these tips help and encourage you next time you visit a thrift store.  Don't expect perfection and keep your eyes open.  If you look hard enough there are some real gems you can find!!!

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: