Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 180: 30 Day Mini Challenge!

Cardi: Old Navy (floral black and white)
Top: Banana Republic (green)
Skirt: J Crew, Purchased at Goodwill (black and white)
Shoes: Jellybeans (black)
Necklace: LOFT (multi jeweled tones)
Bracelets: Tiffany and Pandora
Earrings: Banana Republic (silver)

This skirt was probably my best Goodwill find EVER!  I found it brand spanking new hanging on the rack at the Dothan, AL Goodwill store for $4!!!  It had never been worn and was simple gorgeous.  It is a black and white tweed skirt in a chevron type print (can't remember the exact name of the print).  

I love it when I come across such great finds!  Have you ever found a gem while bargain shopping?  I'd love to hear about it!!!


I always give thomas a hard time about his picture taking skills.  However, today my husband took my pictures and these were the only two that didn't have his thumb in them.  In his defense, the sun was super bright and he could really see what he was doing.


On another note, I am half way though my challenge.  I know some days have been skipped, but illnesses happen and you don't want to see three straight days of my sick self in pajamas.  So, those days were skipped for your benefit and mine (I don't need blackmail photos out there:).  

I have had a lot of fun and I hope I have helped some of you find new ways to wear the clothes you already have.  This journey has been very eye opening for me.  I had a serious shopping addiction and it is only by God's grace and by doing this blog daily, that I have been able to keep up the motivation to not shop.  Yes, I have purchased a few items here and there, but they were replacements for items that were damaged or broken.  I no longer feel the rush I used to get when I shopped.  I go into a store looking for a specific replacement piece and if I don't find it, I leave.  Simple as that.  

I want to further encourage you to take a no shopping challenge yourself especially if you think you may have a shopping addiction.  Try to not shop for 30 days.  If that is easy for you then go for 60.  Pick the amount of time that is best for you.  Reflect on why you shop.  What do you feel while shopping and after shopping.  If you get a rush or high while shopping then feel regretful afterwards, you may have a problem like I did.  

Just try it out.  Be honest with yourself.  Write down your feelings in a journal.  It is also good to start writing down all the clothing items you buy.  This will help you keep track of how much you're buying and how often you are shopping.  Be sure to include the prices of each item.  Those little trips to Goodwill can add up over time.  

If you are interested in participating in a 30 mini-challenge, please let me know.  You can leave a comment here or email me at myclosetstyle365@yahoo.com  I would like to pray over you and offer you encouragement and tips.  

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: