Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 234: Happy New Year!

Top: Purchased at the Fort Rucker Thrift Store (black and gold sequined)
Jeans: JCP (black)
Pumps: Purchased at Target (black)
Bracelet: Simpleaddiction.com (gold)
Earrings: Maurices (gold)

I've just realized I've misspelled sequin in every post I've ever done.  I feel like an idiot.  Spell check didn't pick up on it and I didn't proofread anything before posting.  Oh well, hopefully you all know I meant sequin every time I wrote sequence:)

Okay, so now back to the outfit.  We were invited to a grown ups only New Years Eve party this year. It is the first grown up party we've been to in FOREVER!  When you have small kids and all your friends have small kids, you kind of have to learn to do everything with the little boogers around.  

Anyways, we got a babysitter for the munchkins and headed to our firends' house down the street (literally).  The best part is is that I FINALLY got to wear this amazing top I have been saving to wear  for a NYE party!




I LOVE THIS TOP!!!!!!!!  I am so happy that I finally had a reason to wear it!  I bought it from a thrift store shoulder pads and all (I just cut those bad boys out).

I have seen several tops like this one in several thrift stores so I know they are out there and not hard to find.  Sequined tops are VERY popular right now and can cost a lot of money to buy.  I got this one for less than $10.  You just can't find tops like this one in retail stores for that price!

I paired the top with my black skinny jeans and black patent pumps.  I accessorized with a chunky gold bracelet and gold earrings.

How was your NYE?  What did you wear?  Sequined tops seemed to be a popular choice for a lot of my friends.  What about you?

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: