Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 241 & 242: Black and White

Day 241:

Top: Old Navy
Jeans: LOFT
Shoes: Walmart
Beaded Bracelet: Lenny and Eve (Christmas gift from my friend Barbara)
Silver Bracelet: Purchased from a boutique

Today I had a friend over for lunch.  I have been holed up in my home fore the past two days deep cleaning, registering for grad school classes, cooking and starting a new food blog.  Needless to say, for he last few days I have not looked presentable to the world at all!  

Well today I had an excuse to get dressed up.  I invited a friend over for lunch.  I will admit that I was tempted to wear my yoga pants, but a last minute trip to the grocery store forced me into 'real' pants.  


As you can see I kept the outfit casual, but stylish.  I found this top at Old Navy years ago.  This top holds a special memory for me.  I was wearing this top when my husband became a Major in the United States Army (his promotion ceremony).  We were in a room full of people, I had just had my first knee surgery so I was in a huge knee brace that prevented me from bending my leg at all.  Generally, you dress up for a promotion ceremony.       I would've dressed up more, but the brace was so uncomfortable that I had to wear pants underneath.  I wore black slacks, flats and this top.  This top was the 'fancy factor' in the whole ensemble.  


I love this bracelet!!!  I could wear an armful of them!  It is from a company called Lenny and Eve.  They make all kinds of jewelry, but the beaded bracelets are my favorite.

Day 242:

T-Shirt: Old Navy
Vest: Purchased at TJ Maxx
Jeans: Lucky Brand
Boots: Urban Outfitters
Ring Premier Jewelry
Earrings: Premier Jewelry

I LOVE to wear black!!!  I have another outfit from this week (that I will share after it's been washed since the sweater met with an unfortunate oatmeal accident before a picture could be taken) that is black too.  

Generally people say not to wear black, black is depressing.  I don't think so.  Wearing black gives you a blank canvas to work with.  Any color goes with black.  Black is sliming.  Black is classically stylish. Black is wonderful!

For the last two days I have worn black and white together.  Love, Love, Love, Love!  




Remember this vest?  I wore it over the summer with a black tank top, rolled up boyfriend jeans and sandals.  This vest is a great example of how you can take one piece and bring it into all seasons.  I wore a long sleeved top, skinny jeans and boots with the vest for a Winter appropriate look.

Sorry this picture is so dark.  My kids get home from school around 4 (and yes, I pick them up and we live less than 1 mile away).  By the time we get in and settled , the sun is already setting so we hurry outside so we can have as much light as possible.  I may just start asking my neighbor to take my pics everyday so we can actually have some light.  Oh the joys of mountain living!  

Happy Shopping.
Christin

No comments: