Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 177: Yep, I Have a Sparkly Gold Sweatshirt

Top: Dorothy Perkins (gold)
Jeans: GAP
Shoes: GAP (metallic)
Earrings: Banana Republic (gold)

Doesn't everyone own a sparkly gold sweatshirt?  No?  Just me?  Oh well:)  I am a HUGE fan of sweatshirts.  As soon as my day is done, and I don't have to leave the house again, I immediately change into one of my oversized sweatshirts.  One is an Army Aviation OBC sweatshirt that I stole from my husband (have I mentioned he is a super hot Army helicopter pilot?).  The other is one that was given (yes, given) to me by a New York City street vendor.  I was pregnant with Nathaniel and visiting the city with friends.  The morning was chilly and I needed a sweatshirt.  I guess he felt sorry for me so he gave me a XL, NYC sweatshirt.  Proof that there are generous people in big cities.

Anyways, this gold sweatshirt isn't for lounging in.  Nope, it is one for strutting around town in.  Or in my case, going to Walmart (I have a very exciting life).   


A big current jean trend right now is wide legged jeans.  These just so happen to be wide legged jeans that I bought from the Gap Outlet.  You should be able to find jeans similar to these anywhere.  


Can you see the sparkle?  I always love clothing that has a little something special to it.  So, instead of wearing a plain Jane sweatshirt or t-shirt, look for one that has lace detail or sequins , or something else that makes it special.  Adding lace detail or a jeweled neckline is super simple and something you can do yourself.  

Check out Pinterest for some DIY motivation and inspiration.  

I'll pick out a piece of clothing out of my closet to spruce up and I'll share the finished project with you all within the next few weeks.

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: