Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 20: Part 2

Top: Banana Republic Factory Store (coral/pink)
Shorts: MK Michael Kors, purchased from TJ Maxx (hunter green)
Cardi: purchased from Consignment C.A.T. (animal print)
Flip Flops: Antonio Melani, purchased from Dillard's Outlet
Wedges: purchased from Ross (brown leather)
Earrings: purchased from Dandy Lion Boutique (gold elephants)
Bauble Necklace: purchased from Etsy (teal)
Chain Necklace: Boutique purchase
Mustard Yellow Necklace: purchased from Simple Addiction
Belt: purchased from Goodwill (brown braided leather)
Watch: Betsey Johnson, purchased from Belk (animal print)

Whew!  That's a lot of stuff!!!

I had too much fun with today's outfit!  A friend told me on FB that I needed bolder accessories, so I went bold.  This is such a versatile outfit and fun color combination to work with.  Take a look at the different ways I styled a basic coral tank and hunter green shorts.

Just a reminder, this is what I originally had on today:


It's nice and simple, but could use some spicing up.


I started by adding a bolder necklace (or two).  

- Teal bauble necklace 




















   Mustard yellow necklace -
Next, I added an animal print 'cardigan'.  I say, 'cardigan', because this was actually a sweater that I cut straight down the center in order to make it a cardigan.  I know, I'm a genius:).  I tucked in the top and added a brown braided leather belt.  I traded in the flip flops for these amazing wedges.  And, of course, the different necklaces; teal and mustard yellow.  Very versatile!!!  

Here is a closer look at today's outfit:



Well, two post in one day!  I am wiped out.  Thank for the comments on here and on FB!  This is going to be very tough, not being able to shop for a whole year, but with your support, I can do it!  Your suggestions and comments are very helpful and give me that little push to continue on this journey.  Thanks again!

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: