Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 93: We Are Officially A Family Of 5!!!

Dress: Vera Wang, Purchased from Kohl's
Shoes: Gianni Bini, Purchased from Dillard's (navy blue)
Bracelet: Gift from Mrs. Ingrid at Ingrid's Jewelers (white pearls)
Earrings: Maurices (pink)

As of 2pm this afternoon we officially became a family of 5!  Arianna is officially a James and we couldn't be happier.  God has blessed us so much!  Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this (very long) adoption journey!!!

Now, I have a confession to make.  Last week I purchased a really cute dress for Arianna to wear to her adoption hearing.  It was navy blue and coral.  I even found coral shoes to match!  Anyways, I felt that the occasion called for Mommy and daughter to match.  Since I had $20 Kohl's cash burning a hole in my pocket, I headed to Kohl's Sunday afternoon to find a dress that would match Arianna's.  I found this great Vera Wang dress on sale for $23.00.  Since I had $20 Kohl's cash, I'd basically get the dress for free.  So, I bought the dress.  

I don't consider this breaking the rules since it is for a special occasion and I will forever associate this dress with one of the greatest days of my life.  Clothing holds memories for me and this dress will always remain in my closet as a token from the day our family was complete.  


As you can see, Arianna is wearing her pajamas.  It just so happens, we found out this morning that Arianna didn't need to be at the adoption hearing.  Weird, right?!  Anyways, since the hearing was schedule to happen right in the middle of nap time, we decided to let Arianna stay at home with our babysitter.  So the search for a coordinating dress was not necessary at all.  However, all is not lost;)  I am planning for us to have family portraits made once we are settled in Colorado.  Our colors will be navy blue and coral.  Swoon!  Have I mentioned how much I love coral???

(Oh, and side note, I am actually wearing this dress backwards.  I thought it looked better that way)


In total I spent $3.49  ($1.49 was paid for using quarters;) for this dress.  Not bad!  Plus it was totally worth breaking the rules for this super special day!

Happy Shopping,
Christin

1 comment:

ErinRuby said...

What a great day...and, that dress is totally worth the $3.49 spent:) So excited for you....Arianna could not have gotten a better family:)