Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 98-104: I Finally Have A Computer AND Internet!!!

Day 98

Dress: Old Navy (black)
Necklace: Origami Owl
I added a purple bandeau bra under the maxi for coverage:)

Our first full day of traveling.  I am keeping with the maxi trend again today by wearing this super comfy maxi dress.  I could just live in maxi's!!!



Day 99

Top: Unknown brand, Purchased from Goodwill (coral)
Jeans: GAP
Sandals: Merona, Purchased from Target (black)

I'm not really sure what is up with the way I am standing?!  I didn't share this picture on Facebook because I thought I looked like  was like, "Hey, wassup!?".  Anyways, we took this picture while driving through the Kaw Nation in Oklahoma.  I happen to be of Cherokee descent (my fifth great-grandmother was Mourning Dove-Medley, her father was the tribal Chief). Unfortunately, we didn't have to stop for gas while driving through the Cherokee Nation so I could snap a photo.   




Day 100

Top: Purchased from TJ Maxx (mint and coral polka dots)
Jeans: GAP
Sandals: Merona (black)

This picture was taken late at night after we arrived to our hotel room.  We were all cranky and tired.  The lighting was awful so I apologize for the terrible picture!  You've seen this top and jeans a few times already during my 365 day challenge.  FYI, we were in Kansas this night.



Day 101

Top: Old Navy (multi-color polka dots)
Jeans: LOFT
Sandals: Merona (black)

So, remember how I told y'all I had to throw away my yellow top???  Well it happened on this day.  I was wearing said top, while out exploring Colorado Springs (oh yea, we made it...HOORAY!!!).  I look down and there is not only a hole, but also a big red stain!  I had a lot to do and I didn't feel like walking around all day in hole-y stained clothes.  What I am trying to say is that while I was in Old Navy buying some school shirts for my boys, I bought this top too.  It was on sale and went with what I already had on.  I changed as soon as I bought the top and trashed the ruined shirt.  Please forgive me for 'shopping'! 




Day 102

Dress: Purchased from Consignment C.A.T. (green and cream stripes)
Sandals: Merona (brown)
I added a brown bandeau bra for coverage

The movers came today to unload our HHG's (household good's).  I did my part by getting the kids out of the house (and out of the way).  I decided to take them to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  This zoo was absolutely gorgeous, but I missed a very important piece of the name...Mountain!  Yes, this zoo is built on the side of a mountain.  Do you see what I am wearing???  Yep, not conducive for walking up a mountain while pushing a stroller (plus it is HOT here!).  Needless to say, we skipped parts of the zoo that were further up the mountain.  Lesson learned!!!  Next time I will wear tennis shoes and bring the husband so he can push the stroller:)!




Day 103

Top: Purchased from Gaudy Me (black and white)
Jeans: LOFT
Sandals: Merona (black)
Necklace: Gift from Mrs. Ingrid of Ingrid's Jewelers
Bracelet: Cookie Lee

I shopped til I dropped today...for furniture:)  Jason took the kids to run errands with him all day while I had the whole day to myself to shop for household items that we needed.  I managed to buy almost everything we need for our new house in one day.  I even went to Ikea and got loads of cute household items.  Once I get my house 100% set-up I will share pictures with all of you!!!

I still don't have the bulk of my clothes.  Our first moving van got full fast (it was already 75% full with other peoples stuff when they arrived) so they had to get a second moving van to pick up the other half of our belongings.  Of course, that second shipment is still in Alabama and isn't expected to arrive until August 30th!  So, in the meantime, you'll be seeing me re-wear a lot of the same pieces of clothing because it is all I have.  

Jason keeps telling me to go buy clothes, but I know I can make due with what I have.  I'll just have to be creative when mixing the pieces I do have with me.  That's what this blog is all about anyways:)!!!



Day 104

Top: Old Navy
Sweat Pants: Purchased from Target (gray)

A friend once told me I should wear a sweat suit one day and make it look fabulous.  I told her that was impossible.  Not that I'm saying there aren't cute sweatsuits out there, but when I do wear sweats, I look like a typical worn out momma that just doesn't have time to worry about putting on real clothes.

Today was our first major unpack boxes day.  We really want to get all of the boxes we do have unpacked before the second shipment of boxes are delivered (hopefully next week).  Today we busted it out and got every box unpacked except for a few in Arianna's room.  

Needless to say, I didn't get dressed up today at all!  In fact, I am wearing what I normally wear everyday as soon as I get home from wherever I've been and change clothes.  My friends usually see me in this when we are hanging out at my house eating pizza and watching movies.

Ready?

I can't believe I am posting this!

Okay, here it is...


Yep, I wear this all the time!  It is my lounging around the house uniform and the perfect outfit to wear while unpacking half of your house! 

And just let me clarify, I am not a Texas Longhorns fan.  I am not any football teams fan.  I have A LOT of Texas pride and while I was living in Alabama I decided to be rebellious and wear this shirt out and about (which is really dangerous because Alabama fans are CRAZY about their football:)!!!

So, there you have it.  This is probably my favorite thing every in the whole wide world to wear!  It isn't cute, isn't stylish, isn't anything special, but I love it and I'll continue to wear it every night before I go to bed even after it is stained and hole-y.

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: