Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 94: More Goodbyes

Top: Miley Cyrus (I know!), Purchased from Walmart
Jeans: Banan Republic (Purchased when I graduated from college thank you very much!)
Shoes: Nine West (purple suede)

Tonight I said goodbye to some friends at church.  I am VERY sad to leave my Grace Place family!!!  This is the hardest part of Military life.  Saying goodbye to friends that are like family and places that you love like home.  But the great part about Military life is that I get to make new friends and fall in love with new places.  I am excited to see where this next step in our life's journey will take us!!!


I can't believe that I am admitting this, but this is a Miley Cyrus (when she was still sweet and innocent)  top.  I actually have a few Miley Cyrus tops from Walmart.  She had some really cute pieces.  

The jeans were purchased during my college graduation shopping spree in Dallas, TX.  I graduated from Tarleton State University (a Texas A&M school) December 19, 2005.  This was also my son Thomas' second birthday:)  Anyways, I went on this big shopping spree and I bought these jeans from Banana Republic.  These were the most expensive jeans I had ever bought (and still are aside from my skinny Lucky's).  Goes to show how far a good quality pair of jeans can go!!!  Jeans are one of those staple pieces every gal needs in her wardrobe.  Instead of buying loads of cheaper jeans, invest in a couple of pairs of really good quality jeans.  These are dark wash boot cut jeans.  The wash is classic and the cut is perfect for wearing boots (duh!) and heels.  Don't go out and spend lots of money on trendy jeans.  And yes, skinny jeans are a trend!  So are jeans with jewels all over them and jeans that sit right above your butt crack (yes I said it).  If you are worried about your panties or butt crack showing when you squat or bend over, guess what, your pants are too low.  DON'T BUY THEM!!!

Enough of the rant.  On to the shoes.  My sis-in-law, Chesley bought me these shoes one year for my birthday (I think).  She purchased them from TJ Maxx.  They are Nine West and purple suede with a gold buckle.  Plus, they have a super pointy toe.  I LOVE THEM!!!  They are never leaving my closet.  You'll see me wearing these bad puppies when I am 90 and no longer able to walk.  I'll just wear them with my night gown and be happy.  

So, there you have it!  I covered a broad spectrum of clothing today.  The shirt came from a mega discount chain, the shoes came from a discount retailer and the jeans came from a high end (high end for me anyways) retail chain.  Goes to show you can mix the old with the new and the cheap with the expensive.  No matter if you spent $5 or $500 on an item, wear it like you are a princess and no one will be able to tell!    

Happy Shopping,
Christin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you Christin and we will miss you!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.