Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 28: Mixing Brown and Black

Dress:  Old Navy (black)
Belt: Simpleaddiction.com
Shoes: Ross

To tell you the truth, I've been in work-out clothes and my swimsuit all day.  The first half of my day was spent out at the Boy Scout campground dropping off my 9 year old for his first ever overnight week long camp.  It was hot and very hilly terrain so I dressed in work-out clothes for the occasion.  After spending around three hours out at camp, it was finally time to say out goodbyes and head home.

The second half was spent at the pool with one of my favorite families, the Tressler's.  I've already posted a picture of myself in a swimsuit and I just can't bring myself to do that again:)

After the pool we all headed back to my house to make dinner and watch a movie and since I'm not about to cook in a wet swimsuit, I quickly ran upstairs and put together this outfit.  I have no make-up on and no jewelry and the state of my hair is questionable, but I'm dressed and I think I look just fine. 


 I love this black cotton dress from Old Navy.  There are so many ways I could wear this dress, but today I wanted to wear it with brown (camel).  I love mixing black and brown.  I don't know why people don't do it more often!    


 I really like this camel colored stretch belt, purchased online from Simple Addiction.  This site is always running super awesome deals on clothes and accessories! 


And as you can see I am also wearing my favorite brown sandals.  I am so glad I bought these shoes!  

Tips:
  • Neutrals go with everything!  Neutrals go with every color, including each other. FYI:  metallics are consider neutrals too:)
  • Try a lighter brown. It’s easiest to pull of a black and brown outfit when you utilize lighter shades like camel and beige. 
  • Try leopard print. You all know how I feel about leopard, I love it!  Leopard print has black and brown so all the work is already done for you!

Happy Shopping:
Christin

No comments: