Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 31: A Day at The Fort Rucker Thrift Shop (gift card winner announced)

Top: purchased from the Fort Rucker Thrift Shop
Jeans: A.N.A., purchased from JCP (black)
Shoes: purchased from Ross (brown)
Necklace: purchased from Dandy Lion Boutique
Earrings: Banana Republic Factory Store (gold)
Belt: purchased from Goodwill (brown with gold studs)


This morning I spent a few hours at The Fort Rucker Thrift Shop dressing forms.  I've never done anything like this before and I have to admit, I had a ton of fun.  It was almost just as thrilling as shopping.  I wanted to showcase looks that are on trend right now.  

This first look is a black peplum jacket (I buttoned the jacket before I left so you could really see the peplum detail).  Under the jacket is a beautiful red Ann Taylor top.  The skirt is Ann Taylor LOFT and is a black and white print.


The second look is a beautiful black and white polka dot dress.  This dress is classic and absolutely  gorgeous in person.  The dress is very fitted and would look great with a classic pearl necklace (I couldn't find a pearl necklace in the shop).


The mannequin in the corner was already dressed.  Luckily, I really liked this dress so all I did was add the dark brown belt and the red and brown purse.  


There are a couple of these wire cage dress forms in the shop.  I'm not sure if they are really meant to dressed or not, but I did it anyways.  This is probably my favorite look of the day.  I found this cute black and white top and a cute black skirt.  I also found two pairs of shoes that would both look great with the outfit!  This is a great summer work look!


Also on trend this summer is florals.   I added a cute little minty blue purse to this look to complete it.  A dress like this would look great with espadrilles, sandals, flip flops or wedges.  


Coral is a very hot color right now.  I found this adorable top that is not only coral, but also has ruffles! I suggest pairing this top with cream, black or white shorts and these great tan wedges pictured with the top.  This is a great summer look!


The last thing I did was switch out some hanging prom dresses for some perfect summer dresses.   I found a Ralph Lauren button up light blue dress that screams nautical to me.  Nautical is always a great look during the summer and definitely very trendy right now!

I also found this great floral/foliage print dress.  I love that the colors are bright and bold.

Lastly, I found this great navy blue and white polka dot dress with a sweetheart neckline.  How cute would this dress look accented with yellow or red?!  



A big thanks to the manager of the Fort Rucker Thrift Shop for letting me come up and play this morning!  Donna you are the bees knees!!!

Okay, now on to what I wore today.  Since I worked at the Thrift Shop, I thought it fitting that I wear something that I purchased at the Thrift Shop a few years ago.  Once, when I was volunteering during the annual bag sale, I found this top.  I feel in love!  It is straight from the 80's and has different Middle Eastern cities written all over it.  I'm sure at one point it had matching pants to go along with the top.  How fabulous would that outfit be!!!???

I wore the top with a pair of black skinny jeans and my favorite brown sandals.  


I REALLY wanted to buy all these purses!!!  But, I guess having my picture taken with them will have to do:(


This necklace is PERFECT for my outfit today.  I love this little elephant guy!


Here is a shot of the top, belt, jewelry and shoes.  I just can't get over how awesome this top is.  It totally looks like something I would buy at Modcloth.com!  Can you believe I bought it for $.25, yes that's one quarter!  Crazy!


Now to announce the winner of the $30 Old Navy gift card...

The winner is...........Karen!  Karen, please email me at ecco77700@yahoo.com so we can arrange for you to receive your gift card!  Congratulations!

Happy Shopping,
Christin

4 comments:

ErinRuby said...

So are you going to do a goodwill or garage sale fashion shoot one day too:) I love the post today...so proud of you:) You are one month in!!

Christin said...

I totally plan on going to Goodwill one day and taking pictures of outfits I find. That will have to wait until I'm in Colorado though so Jason can watch the kids:)

hotmomma said...

Favorite post so far! love your 25 cent shirt too!!!

Christin said...

Thanks hot momma! I had a lot of fun!