Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 157: Colorful-ish

Cardi: Banana Republic (mustard)
Dress: NY&Co (chambray)
Boots: Purchased at Belk
Scarf: Old Navy

We celebrated my MIL's birthday tonight!  We took her out to eat at Crave (a burger joint).  She really wanted a buffalo burger while she was in Colorado.  We are not ones to disappoint so we found out where the best buffalo burger in Colorado sprigs was and we found it!  Now, I was a good girl and had a salad but, I was told that the buffalo patty was the best ever, according to my husband.

I was just excited to have an excuse to dress up!



I promise that these boots are brown.  Anyways, I felt super cute and that is what matters.  I love this little chambray dress!  I bought it before chambray was a big deal (I guess I'm ahead of my time;).  It is a total summer dress, but when I add thick tights, boots and a cardi, it becomes a perfect fall-winter dress.  I did wear my heavy coat over the whole thing because it was COLD outside!!!  As a matter of fact, it had been snowing all morning but had melted away by the evening.

Do you have dresses that can transition from warmer to colder weather?  How do you make the transition?

I hope that I
ve inspired you to re-look at your summer dresses and see if you think any of them can be worn throughout the year.  Get more bang for your buck whenever you can!

Email me at myclosetstyle365@yahoo.com if you have any questions about styling a summer dress into a winter dress.

Happy Shopping,
Christin

No comments: